Butte-Glenn Community College
Closing Date/Time: 9/20/2017 4:00 PM Pacific
Salary: Not Displayed
Location: Main Campus, CA
Department: Planning and Information
Full-time/Exempt; 12 months per year
MSC-Range 25; $117,829.12 per year
Contingent upon continued grant funding
Under the general direction of, and in coordination with an assigned administrator, architects, designs and develops software solutions for the California Community Colleges Technology Center's (CCCTC) program initiatives. Positional emphasis will be on the ability to leverage a breadth of experience to architect software that securely scales in order to support statewide use in the millions of users. Recommends current and future technologies to ensure the CCCTC solutions are reliable and performing while supporting the diverse student and staff user base. Serves as emissary of the architecture.
The duties recorded below are representative of the duties of the class and are not intended to cover all the duties performed by incumbent(s) of any particular position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the scope of work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class. The essential duties of the class are indicated with an asterisk *
• Architects and creates designs for software that meet the requirement specifications provided by product owners*
• Ensures architecture is correct for CCCTC operations, deployment and sustainment*
• Develops and creates coding standards to be employed by software developers focused on the business requirements of the CCCTC*
• Designs and writes software as potentially shippable increments in a manner consistent with industry standards*
• Utilizes SCRUM (agile) development practices in sprints of varying length depending on the needs of the project*
• Utilizes expertise in software architecture and communicating, in detail, all aspects of the system software to all stakeholders*
• Collaborates with multiple individuals on the architectural design within the CCCTC, including, but limited to quality assurance architects, technical writers, product managers and support personnel*
• Participates in the interaction with stakeholders to ensure their needs are being met*
• Ensures software and system architecture are aligned and staged for release to insure the quality of the CCCTC solutions*
• Develops and maintains documentation for all processes associated with the architecture*
• Manages risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture*
• Creates Service Oriented Architecture solutions (SOA), designing and implementing solutions employing extensible and reusable application programming interfaces (API) employing RESTful or Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) methods*
• Supervisory duties include: instructing, planning, assigning, scheduling, reviewing and evaluating work for effectiveness, accuracy and adherence to departmental policies, rules and procedures; maintaining standards; determining performance objectives; coordinating activities; responding to employee leave requests; processing monthly timesheets; acting on personnel issues; and recommending employee discipline and/or discharge as appropriate*
• Architects complete solutions including installers, administrative tools and management solutions*
• Will understand and is comfortable employing best practice techniques such as peer review and API documentation
• Serves on a variety of District committees as requested
• Performs related work as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or the equivalent*; AND
• Seven (7) years of experience in software development, information design, information architecture, Web service API use and/or data analytics; AND
*Bachelor's Degree education equivalency equals two (2) years of increasingly responsible work experience for each full year (24-30 units) of college. (College and experience may be combined, but may not replace, the required Minimum Qualifications.)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Hold and maintain a valid driver's license throughout duration of employment with the District.
• Travel is required.
• Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
• Ten (10) years of relevant work experience in a software development position employing information design, information architecture, Web service API use and data analytics.
• Experience with XML, XSL, HTML, and CSS.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
May be acquired through education, training and/or experience.
Knowledge of: District policies and procedures and rules and regulations; laws and ordinances pertaining to the specific responsibilities of the position; programming languages with a working knowledge of PhP; supervisory and managerial concepts and principles; business processes; the practice of software development; architectural styles and design patterns across multiple platforms; enterprise service bus solutions; master data record offerings; web applications; the development of an architectural team; conflict resolution; determining problem domains; high level software development tools and design; higher education systems, especially the California Community College system; evolutionary paths; excellent communication skills; information architecture, web technologies and presentation.
Ability to: Ensure departmental compliance with all laws, regulations and policies and procedures of the District and those related to the position; motivate and provide successful leadership; comprehend and stay current with evolving technologies within multiple areas; resolve disputes and technical issues; coordinate the most effective use of staff, facilities and resources; exhibit strong communication skills; communicate professionally in confrontational situations; exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive and complex issues and situations; perform duties in a timely manner, despite interruptions; meet established deadlines; effectively implement project management methods to ensure increased productivity; effectively multi-task and coordinate multiple activities simultaneously; analyze data and utilize strong problem solving skills; accurately assess the technical content needs of a department or program; provide excellent written and verbal communication skills; compose clear and concise reports, correspondence and recommendations; make sound educated decisions; produce successful results; work independently as well as part of a team; maintain records accurately and with confidentiality; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work; work effectively with diverse populations; compile, organize and utilize various technologies for success; pay close attention to detail; manage competing priorities; utilize keyboarding skills commensurate with the required functions for this position; maintain records accurately and with confidentiality as required.
WORK DIRECTION, LEAD AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Will work alongside professional and classified staff; may provide supervision and technical direction to student interns and other staff.
Normal office environment. Travel is required.
Faculty, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
Office environment. Subject to interruptions, noise and computer-generated video radiation.
• The successful applicant will be required to complete a medical history questionnaire and must agree to undergo and pass a pre-employment physical examination, based on the physical requirements of the position, prior to employment. The physician will be selected and paid for by the District. Disabilities not related to the essential physical job requirements will not preclude the applicant from being hired.
• Education Code § 87408.6 states that no person shall be initially employed by a community college district in an academic or classified position unless the person has submitted to an examination within the past sixty (60) days to determine that he or she is free of active tuberculosis.
• As a condition of employment the position you are applying for will require that you provide fingerprints to the local police department. The fee charged by the Department of Justice (DOJ) for the fingerprint report is the employee's responsibility. If you should be offered this position you will be asked to sign a payroll deduction form which will authorize the District to deduct the fee charged by the DOJ from your first paycheck.The District reserves the right to modify, rescind or re-advertise this announcement without notification or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for the position.
The Butte-Glenn Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ALL APPLICANTS, INCLUDING CURRENT BUTTE COLLEGE EMPLOYEES, MUST SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WITH THE ONLINE APPLICATION IN ORDER TO MOVE FORWARD IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. If you are applying under Equivalency for the education minimum qualification, please attach a document titled Equivalency using the "Transcript" drop down file type located in the attachment section of the application.
All on-line attachment types require that you attach a document.
Please describe in your cover letter how your past experience and qualifications meet the needs of this position.
RESUME OR VITA:
Please submit this as an attachment, not as a text resume within the application.
TRANSCRIPTS OF ALL ACADEMIC WORK:
You are required to provide transcripts. Unofficial copies of transcripts are acceptable at this point in the process.
Foreign transcripts must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Please visit the Office of Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing this service. http://www.butte.edu/...y/foreign_degree_eval.html
All offers of employment are contingent upon the submission of official transcripts showing completion of the degree.
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1073611
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on LinuxQuestions.org